Tuesday, 1 January 2013

That was the year I turned 40.

 

056

I’ve been reading all the round up posts of the year 2012, where bloggers put together a whole list of favourite events/photos for each month and link back to the posts so we can read them.

I love looking at all your lovey exciting adventures and/or achievement's, but I've gotta be honest with you, I have not got the  gumption to come up with that kind of post.

So the best thing that happened to me this year was that I turned 40. I did so many wonderful things in celebration (lets face it I just used it as an excuse to get to do loads on my bucket list).

So we went to Brighton with friends, somewhere I had never been but knew I would love. I was right.

On the way home I got to hang out with a best friend from primary school days who I hadn’t seen in forever.

159

I got to have Afternoon Tea at a local tea room with a bunch of lovely people..

034

And then there was the day in London with a very good friend who I met in my college days. Yes in case you missed that post I had Afternoon Tea at The Ritz if you please.

061

I went over to NYC with Mr D & some friends. The highlight of which was having my first ever bloggy pal date

025

And as it was so successful, I thought why the hell not, lets have another date. And there I was meeting the beautiful Ann-Margaret at Fortnum & Masons in London when she came over for a few days.

Ann-Margeret and Claire Fortnum & Mason

(Photo from The Lady Herself)

Looking back at these makes me realise just how fantastic 2012 was for me.

I just cannot wait to see what 2013 will bring for me and Mr D.

Hope it’s a great one for you too.

SmileX

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you did a great job of recapping! :D Love this post!! Happy New Year, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly had a great year - hope 2013 is good to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2012 was both good and bad for me... I'm hoping 2013 is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO happy you were a part of my 2012!!!! Love you, darling girl!!

    Cheers to an awesome 2013 :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2012 was a fantastic year for you! I hope 2013 is EVEN better!!! You deserve it :)

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete