Saturday, 18 May 2013

The Boot Camp by Kate Harrison Book review No. 6

 

the boot camp kate harrison

Very rare for me, I bought this novel brand new. I had seen a video on Kate Harrison on you tube, and was totally sucked in by her life, so when I saw this on the shelf, I just had to buy it!

How far would YOU go to feel good about yourself?It's New Year and three desperate women begin the toughest week of their lives . . .

No booze, no carbs, no men, no excuses.

Steph invents puddings for a living - now the only part of her body she doesn't hate is her wrists. Will she prove to herself - and her ex - that she can change?

TV presenter Darcy is living the dream - yet haunted by nightmares of a single night where she made the wrong choice. Can she let go of the past?

Mum of three Vicki is under doctor's orders to lose weight - but it's not the only burden she's carrying.

Three women, seven days . . . and one last chance to change their lives for good.

Interestingly, Kate Harrison actually did go to boot camp to research this novel, now that is commitment!

I found the story very entertaining, you get to know the characters, their lives, & why they are there, …love them or hate them…and feel their pain as they try to change their lives for various reasons..and it’s very funny.

Although this is another chic lit novel, the story line is different to anything I have read before and the setting is totally new, which has to be a good thing as chic lit novels have a tendency to all blend into the next one.

I have read the Secret Shopper novels by Kate, and after reading this one, would definitely read more.

It didn’t make me want to go to Boot camp though….

SmileX

3 comments:

  1. I might have to check this out:) Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this about 3 weeks ago and enjoyed it too although like you I wouldn't want to try one!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sold-I want to read this too!

    ReplyDelete