Wednesday, 24 July 2013

A room outside

 

1001889_10151611099021588_1906301671_n_zps19eb20b5

Back from travels, (for now) and what a perfect week we had. If you forget about the dust picked  up by the passing tanks, the grit in your teeth that reminded me of sitting on the beach as a child and eating sand sandwiches, dust sticking to sun tan cream, then the weather really was perfect.

10 days spent on an old Race course in Kent, along with a gazillion other like minded fellows from all other the globe.

I’ve been threatening to pretty up the camp for a while now, and this year introduced some solar powered fairy lights to the communal dining shelter, amazingly none of the boys protested.

Well, really, how could they?

I spent my time reading (2) books, watching the swing dancers, learning some dodgy smooth moves of my own, browsing the stalls for hidden treasures whilst hiding under my parasol from the harsh sun and supping Pimms.

See? Perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Your picture reminded me of a desert camp! Glad you had such a good time.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks blissful :)

    The dust in your mouth thing reminds me of Latitude last weekend - Monday was spent coughing it from my lungs!!

    ReplyDelete