Monday, 1 July 2013

The night we camped on the front lawn

 

019

Summer has well and truly arrived this last weekend, and thank goodness as we were off on our travels to visit a friend who was having a little retirement get together.

I had never visited the house before but ohmigolly what a house it was.

001

The front lawn had been mowed specially for us to park on. Now that’s hospitality.

The only thing better than having friends with such lovely homes is when they don’t mind a bunch of Gypsy’s turning up and parking in front of their house.

010

I left Mr D sitting in the sun and went for a wander of the grounds. This is where I admit to playing  a little make believe aka pretending I was lady of the manor.

007

Shame I didn’t come across anyone so I couldn’t practise my ‘get orrrrrrrf my land’

013

I resisted the urge to take the little row boat for a spin…

016

004

And didn’t even attempt to steal the honey. Didn’t have my suit of armour with me.

003

I came across lots of little friends waiting to be taken out…

018

We couldn’t have had a nicer day for the get together, there was lots of laughter, lots of singing around the camp fire and some fire works late in the evening.

I feel like the summer has finally started.

More pics of the night time fun to follow

Hope you had a lovely weekend.

SmileX

3 comments:

  1. you guys have the best times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I need to come hang out with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks an amazing place to camp and fun!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete