Monday, 29 July 2013

The story of a hair do

240

I’ve often thought I’d like to get my hair done all vintage-esque and with a birthday in the camp this year 3 of us girlies decided to take the plunge.

The nice hairdresser ladies in the tent near the dance marquee requested that our hair be ‘dirty’ for our appointment. Well we had no problem fulfilling that criteria.

084

This was my nice ‘dirty’ hair before.

135

I sat and let her back comb my locks (i wonder if she regretted her request at all when her comb got stuck in my hair) to within an inch of their lives & then fill my head with bobby pins and hairspray.

136

The finished result made me look like I kind of belonged, don’t you think?

16577_10201562282480496_744308540_n

160_zps043b6f2f

By sleeping very very still and Geisha like, this style stayed in for 3 days!. I began to know what the old fashioned ladies felt like that kept their hair in so long they had birds nesting in there.

One day, I’m going to have a go at this kind of thing myself.

SmileX

6 comments:

  1. How fun! You look like you're straight out of the 40s--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love it, you look gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your look incredible, did you feel different?
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! That era really suits you :)

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete