Tuesday, 6 August 2013

I think I am about to be ‘Middle aged’

 

046

We are now in the middle of my Birthday week, which will undoubtedly turn into a Birthday fortnight, and I have been thinking that 41 must be middle aged? Over half way to 80. Yikes.

I found myself on a rare weekday off with the Mr, having decided to travel home from our weekend air show on Sun night so that Monday was ours without work.

Off to the coast we went. Yes I am aware that I live a minute walk from the beach but sometimes it’s nice to go where the posh people have holiday homes up the road a bit, and pretend to be tourists.

I’m working a lot of late shifts this week, and a night shift in the middle, so come The Day I will be ready for a lovely relaxed Sunday.

048

On a side note. I am amazed how many people walk into my wicker basket when I use it. It’s not big, and I hold it over my arm close to me, so why do they not see it? And if it weren’t there how close would they walk to me? Personal space anyone?

SmileX

5 comments:

  1. I think I need to take a basket shopping more often - I used to love the pram for personal space (and carrying shopping), but those days are behind me!
    I too have hit middle age - but when I think that some of my relatives did not, I think it's a good thing. And at least I am not a grandmother yet (not that there's anything wrong with that) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing that you went to Aldeburgh? We venture up there occasionally (from the other side of Woodbridge), and I always come away feeling like a pauper! All those plummy accents and Boden clad ladies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely birthday fortnight. I have decided middle aged is when your 50. I am to immature to be middle aged it just doesn't seem right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're only as young or as old as you feel.... and Claire I think you live the kind of life that will keep you young. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE these pretty photos of you, Claire!! You are beautiful on the inside and out...I love your sweet heart and creative soul and hope you have an amazing b'day year! I think maybe this is the beginning of the "best is yet to be" ~ lots to look forward to, dear friend! *And, I'm crushing on that adorable basket!! Your b'day goodies will be on their way to you soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete