Thursday, 1 August 2013

The R word

 

003

I found these Rosary beads in a charity shop a few weeks ago and had to buy them for a pound.

I had some blue Rosary beads when I was younger, those were the days when I attended Catholic schools with my sister. I never kept my beads, or my little white Bible which a friends mum gave me when I proudly made my first Holy Communion, and although I wouldn’t say I was Religious these days in any way, I still regret not keeping them. It’s not like I ‘fell out’ with them and threw them away, they just kind of got, mislaid, then a move of town meant that a move to a non-catholic school happened.

I never really talk about religion here, and that’s because It’s not something I think about. I’m kind of neutral about the whole thing. Not against, not a ‘non-believer’ but at the same time I have no desire to sit and pray to Someone. I get that some people find it a help to believe especially during hard times in their lives, but I’m just someone that thinks, instead of sitting praying, I could be out there actually doing something.

I wonder if the Religious blog readers out there are sitting thinking they would like to convert me, or get me to jump ‘off the fence’ well I’d rather you didn’t bother trying. I know where the Religion is should I ever need it, I don’t want to be seen as a ‘challenge’.

I do like these Rosary Beads though, they remind me of my childhood and I wonder who owned them before and how many decades of the Rosary have been said whilst holding them.

SmileX

2 comments:

  1. I kind of feel the same way you do about religion. Still, I find rosary beads very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear and love vintage rosaries and I have a relaxed attitude towards religion & god & whatnot. Maybe I like them because I went to a catholic school too when I was younger too? no clue!

    ReplyDelete