Saturday, 31 August 2013

Those days you meet an old friend for coffee and buy a chair..

 

007

Today was one of those days. I’ve known her since college, and although we only live an hour and a half drive away from each other we communicate mostly through snail mail. (We did try the email thing but we didn’t like it too much..) The last couple of years we discovered

This lovely place

Which as luck would have it sits exactly half way between us. And of course there is a tea room so we can sit for hours and and put the world to rights over lunch, wander around the many many antiques/bric a brac stores and then, well. Buy a chair.

006

I’ve secretly been looking at chairs for a while, but they can be expensive and/or too big for my little house, so when I saw this one so cute and not very expensive at all, I knew it was coming home with me. Even when sensible friend suggested thinking it over with another coffee, I couldn’t bear to leave it sitting in the yard. What if some one else snapped it up whilst we were sipping lattes? Argh!

Oh and for the record, Mr D didn’t really say much, but I do believe he secretly loves it.

SmileX

4 comments:

  1. And so he should. I've been planning a trip there too, only heard about it recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh its lovely. I am sure he loves it just as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable! I love communicating with friends via snail mail, I haven't been good at it recently though.

    ReplyDelete