Thursday, 5 September 2013

Are you ready for the rainy day?

 

rainy day

(source)

I’ve never been a big saver, I tend to spend the money I have on, well things, life, *cough*…..tea cups….

But I have been wondering if I should start to save for that rainy day.  Although I do wonder about people who save for that rainy day and then decide that they are always ‘skint’, I’m sure there would be some way of putting a little bit aside for when the pitter patter comes. (Oh, before you all start knitting booties, by that I am talking typing about the rain. As in, that day I need the money for something extra special. Not little feet. No. Not for me, thanks. )

Because when the rain comes, although it might seem a good idea to snuggle down under the duvet and watch movies all day, the reality is there will still be those tea cups that I will be wanting to purchase.

What about you? Are you a saver?

SmileX

7 comments:

  1. I always ensure I have a bit put by, mainly because I only have the one income coming in and if anything goes wrong/needs fixing there ain't no-one gonna help me.
    Something I started doing last year, just for treats, is to put all the £2 coins I get into a tin. Someimes I go weeks without getting any and then a load seem to come along together - it is surprising how quickly it mounts up. (I can't be doing with saving smaller coins, it'd take forever to amass a decent amount.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rainy day... no no no rainy days for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living in the UK we probably have too many rainy days to keep up with - in other words BUY THE CUPS! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been a big saver. But when I spend, I spend big - like a trip to India.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I bought a house I used to be the best saver and now it all goes on repairs and upkeep and the mortgage. I wish I had some set aside for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a saver dude, saving for future I guess. I'm of jewish descent so I just can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge saver ... and I'm married to an impulsive spender. As a result I'm in charge of our accounts. I always try to set aside the same amount of money every pay into a 'do not touch' account. That money then goes to things like holidays, new camera gear, or house updates :)

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete