Monday, 23 September 2013

The arcade that time forgot

035

We spent the weekend at a steam fair, where the evenings were spent drinking cider at the beer tent, keeping warm under the steam engines, and watching the men trying to ring the bell of the strongman game.

My favourite attraction of the vintage fair ground was the old fashioned arcade. The old man who you can see standing at the balcony must have been chuffed to bits that his attraction was pretty much full of people most of the time.

016

I flicked many 2 pence's around the various wooden boxes hoping to make a win, but alas it was not to be.

014

I have to admit, it took me a while to figure out how to play some of them, it’s so long since I was a little girl with my bag full of pennies,

027

But I got quite a bit of practise in…

004

And then, we spotted this. The Pin ball machine.

030

ooooo I got a wee bit excited.

One day, when I have my own tea room I’ve always said there will be a pin ball machine in the corner.

033

019

Wouldn’t that be fab?!

 SmileX

6 comments:

  1. I love old arcades and they are great photo opportunities. Pinball machines are fab and I would love one in a tea room. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great fun and I'm sure your tearoom would be very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That arcade looks great, must have be a good place to spend the evening.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be so good on pinball machines it has been years since I have been on one. Looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've described pinball machines to my kids & I'm not sure they understand without seeing one.

    Your photos look so nostalgic. The steam fair is in town here too - it reminds me of the book 'The Night Circus' I read a few years ago. Have a great day! xoL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a totally fun exhibit - I've never seen the UK version of one of these so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete