Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Inner Fear

 

002

Once upon a time, when I was a wee lass, I was the tidy one. My side of the bedroom was always neat. (Sis & I chose to share a bedroom when we were young for many years, even though we had a spare room) In fact as my parents like to remind me, I would tidy messy big sisters side of the room for a pound a go.

As I’ve gotten older, I have become a bit of a collector. I collect books, tea cups, in fact pretty china in general, royal memorabilia, vintage radios…the list is on going. Always a new thing to add. Sparkly pretty things I just can’t leave in the shop. There are wicker baskets around my house, (oh I have a bit of a thing for wicker baskets too) filled with wool, books, toiletries, china… Sometimes I dream of a bigger house, but really the truth is it’s like the age old hand bag problem. The bigger it is, the more junk you carry around with you.

I do have an inner fear of becoming the subject of a BBC documentary. Sister has threatened that if I die first she’s getting a skip.

So the last couple of weeks I’ve taken a deep breath and decided that my bank account would benefit from a cull.

I’m proud of myself.

The above picture is a case in point. These magazines I could not thriw away or even give away, but really, I would never ever read them again, so why am I keeping them? Well they are going to their new home tomorrow to sit on someone else’s shelves.

Go me.

SmileX

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I've never been tidy but my room has reached an all new high of clutter that I have to kill. I plan on culling this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you, I hate decluttering even though I know I should. This week end I shall follow your lead and get rid of a few items x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing the exact same thing we are having a market stall next weekend and I have sold heaps of things on gumtree. I am finding it quite therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's pretty impressive getting rid of those beautiful magazines. Good for you for finding the strength to declutter. It is a great feeling once you do it, isn't it? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Claire! I used to have the hardest time getting rid of things but then one day I realized that they were just things. Memories are what we really need to hold onto.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I'm so bad with getting rid of things. I still find it hard to cut my magazines up but most of them have been cut. I need to declutter my whole life! x

    ReplyDelete