Monday, 7 October 2013

The Waverley Paddle Steamer

 

128

Last week we took the steamer to London. 7 and a half hours on the sea. Luckily I didn’t feel sick for long.

If you’ve ever thought about doing this, I’m telling you. Do it. It’s run by volunteers and one day you get the feeling it won’t be going anymore.

003

It does all kinds of different routes to the Thames, so you really have no excuse.

059

Mummy & me.

097

Paddling under the Dartford bridge.

072

We really were in the middle of the ocean!

121

Mr D had been wanting to take this trip for many years, he was a very happy boy.

129

When we got to our destination the bridge looked so pretty all lit up.

134

Having the bridge open up for you is something else.

Go and book your trip here

SmileX

7 comments:

  1. That looks like an amazing trip especially going under Tower Bridge in the evening light.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab, lovely snaps. Recognise Mummy's Aldi jacket as I got one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no what a terrible gaffe! It looks identical to mine even down to the lining and zip tag.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed it and that nobody got sick

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so utterly romantic... did you feel transported back a few decades?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh!! that sounds SO FUN. Seriously, I would love to spend 7 hours at sea...I am so jealous !!

    ReplyDelete