Thursday, 7 November 2013

Chocolate Shoes & Wedding Blues Book Review No. 17


chocolate shoes and wedding blues
When Tansy Poole inherits a run-down shoe shop tucked away in the village of Sticklepond, ‘Cinderella’s Slippers’ is born – providing the footwear to make any fairytale wedding come true…
Carrying everything a bride would want to walk down the aisle in, Tansy’s shop soon expands to carry shoe-themed wedding favours, bridesmaid gifts and even delicious chocolate shoes. It’s the dream destination for any shoe-lover!
If only everything in her personal life could be as heavenly – but with a fiancé trying to make her fit into a size 8 wedding dress, not to mention the recent discovery of disturbing family revelations, Tansy takes refuge in the shop’s success.
But one man isn’t thrilled by the stream of customers hot-footing it to Cinderella’s Slippers… Actor Ivo Hawksley, resident of the cottage next to the shop, is troubled by a dark secret in his past and has come to Sticklepond to nurse his own broken heart.
However, Ivo realises that he and Tansy have a link in their past and soon, they both find out how secrets shared can make a very strong bond indeed…
Being pretty behind with my book reviews this year I thought I would slip this one into the mix. While at Grannie’s house last week, I found this one on her book shelf. I come from a family of readers. It is my families fault that my home is becoming a fire hazard.
This book appealed to me because, a. it had the word Chocolate in the title, b. It’s about a girl who inherits a run down shop in a little village and for all the predictability of this story line, I am a sucker for it. Every time. And c. I had read Chocolate Wishes by the same author about the same village.
I read this in the 3 days at Grannies house, which means that it was an easy read, I was dying to get to the end to see if it all worked out (Yeah I know it usually does but you never know right?) but at the same time I had no intention to bring it home, instead left it on the ‘honesty table’ in the foyer which means that it wasn’t so good that I would pass it on or keep it.
As far as chic lit goes, this book is a pretty good enjoyable read, but like a lot of chic lit,  it won’t leave a lasting impression…in a couple of years time when they do that annoying thing of republishing it with a new cover, you’ll wonder if you’ve read it. 
Even so, If I see any more novels based in Sticklepond, I would definitely read them.
SmileX

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...what an incredible project and your final Wedding Chocolate appearance FANTASTIC! Well done :) therefore glad to possess discovered your site!When meeting your cake decorator for the primary time, bring the maximum amount data as possible; theme of the marriage, color of your dress, woman dress and inspiration from the area and flowers. it'll create the choice easier.

    ReplyDelete