Thursday, 26 December 2013

The gift that comes every year


004
I hope you are all enjoying the holiday with your loved ones and that Santa found you.
The day before Christmas Eve I received this lovely basket of flowers. Every year for the past 15 or so years I have received flowers in some form or other from a family whose mother I helped to look after before she died.
The family only live about 10 miles away, and although I’ve never gotten around to going to see them I do write them letters and send little cards which I know they appreciate. I really think people underestimate the power of a hand written note on the door mat.
So every year my flowers come, and I’m always surprised, as I do think surely they will stop one year, but this was not that year.
These certainly made me smile.
So today being boxing day, is it a case of here we go again?
We have some friends arriving soon and we will be joining the masses for a boxing day walk, probably to a pub, and tonight I’m on night shift.
SmileX

5 comments:

  1. How very sweet of them! This really put a smile on my face!
    Enjoy your day, wishing you a calm and fast shift tonight! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great boxing day eve, merry christmas.


    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that they remember each year. I hope your day went well and your shift goes quickly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They must have appreciated your care so much to still remember it after so many years.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a lovely gesture on their part, and what a happy way to remember their mother every year by thanking you.

    ReplyDelete