Monday, 30 December 2013

The Great Book Draught that was 2013


books
2013 was not a great book reading year for me. Not that I didn’t read any, I did, although it has to be said not as many as I would normally read. I just didn’t seem to find any really great books. A lot of good ones. A lot of entertaining ones. But none that were great.
I think this year I’m going to be more adventurous with my book selection, I chose a lot of YA books in 2013, and while these are always a good enjoyable way to pass the time, they don’t exactly stand out from the crowd.
If anyone has any recommendations of what you would call a great book, let me know!
xmas books
The above is my Christmas books. Some were gifted and some I bought with book tokens. (If anyone says I’m hard to buy for they really don’t now me very well).  Book token every time.
I’m reading the top one at the moment, and it’s turning out to be more than good.
SmileX

4 comments:

  1. And this is why we are friends, we share a love for books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've got lots of good books. What do you like to read?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a few this year...my favourite was The Help.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Middlesex by Jefferey Eugenides is still the book I buy extra used copies of to mail to people. The writing and storytelling is impeccable, and it really touches on a current social issue without being all up in your face. I have also really loved John Irving's writing - check The Cider House Rules

    ReplyDelete