Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Fractured….2014 Book Reviews. No. 1.

After a bit of a disappointing year in the book department last year, I’m on a mission to find some good reads.
This book Fractured was my first read of 2014. I picked it up on a whim whilst spending some book tokens. It was on offer in a book store at 2.99, and it caught my eye because A. It was cheap, B. I liked the cover, all wintery and cute, and C. The back cover promised a different read to that I’ve been used to recently and D. it is a lot smaller than my usual novels, so I thought it was worth the risk of going out on a whim…if it’s rubbish, it won’t take long to get it finished right?
fractured
Rachel’s life is perfect. A handsome boyfriend, great friends and the prospect of starting at university in a few weeks means she’s never been happier. But in a single heartbeat her world falls apart forever.
Five years later, Rachel is still struggling to come to terms with the tragedy that changed everything. Returning to her hometown for the first time in years, she finds herself consumed by thoughts of the life that could have been. But when a sudden fall lands her in hospital, Rachel awakes to discover that the life she had dreamed about just might be real after all.
Unable to trust her own memories, Rachel begins to be drawn further into this new world where the man she lost is alive and well but where she is engaged to be married to someone else . . .
FRACTURED is a heart-warming tale of love and second chances which will leave you wondering whether two very different storylines can ever lead to the same happy ending
I loved this book, it didn’t take long to read, being only 289 pages long, and I could have read it for another 100 quite happily.
I’ve read a few of those time traveling type novels, girl wakes up, or walks down a different street to end up somewhere she dreams about, meets boy wakes up, walks out the end of the street was it real?
This book is different. I’m pretty good at guessing what will happen at the end, but this had me floored, and that doesn't happen regularly believe me.
I’m so pleased this was my first read of 2014, and makes me more willing to take a risk. Buy Authors I’ve never heard of, novels I’d normally pass by on the shelf.
SmileX

3 comments:

  1. I judge books by their covers, so I would normally pass this, but your commentary makes me want to add it to my Goodreads too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds totally fascinating..

    ReplyDelete