Saturday, 22 February 2014

Amelia Grey's Fireside Dream..Book Review no.4

Amelia has a dream: toasting chestnuts by the fire with her husband Jack in their own cosy cottage. Their real life is another world - a cramped one-bedroom flat in Hackney. But when life takes a surprising turn, removal vans are soon heading to the Kent countryside.

They soon realise the cottage makeover is a far bigger project than they'd anticipated. On top of that, there's Amelia's newly loved-up mum and her tearaway half-sister, Mirabel, to contend with - pushing Amelia and Jack's marriage to breaking point.

Amelia begins to strip back the wallpaper and fittings in the cottage and discovers the story of the cottage's previous owner - and a hidden secret. As Amelia's ideas about love and family change, will her fireside dream finally come true?

Having read Vivien's Heavenly Ice cream Shop by the same author, I knew this would be a book I would enjoy, and I was right. 
This book should be read whilst curled up on a winters night, wrapped up in a blanket and a cup of mulled wine next to you.
I loved it, probably because it's my dream to have a cosy cottage in the country of my own one day, Amelia is very likable, has great taste in home furnishings and is pretty nifty with a piant brush and sewing machine. If I were a lesbian I may want to marry her! 

:)X


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like this book. I know I ought to read something more intellectual and thought provoking but I do like a bit of cosy, life affirming chic lit.

    ReplyDelete