Saturday, 8 February 2014

You Beauty Discovery Box Review

 I'd seen various versions of these beauty boxes around the blog world lately, and I always wondered what it would be like, if they were worth the money, I wondered if you ended up with just teeny versions of the product that are no good to anyone...so recently I decided to take the plunge and treat myself.
I've had about four so far, and I must say I'm pleasantly pleased.
This one from You Beauty Discovery costs 6.95 (including postage) and you get to choose two products from a list. As well as the two chosen products, you are given some little freebie treats.

Feb's box was Red Carpet Glamour, my two chosen products were, 
nail polish in Madrid by Mavala, (5ml)
Although I don't usually wear nail polish a lot due to my work, I decided I needed this lovely red for my vintage shows in the summer. The colour is just perfect.
To go with this I chose a mascara in Midnight Sky from teeez (10ml)
These boxes are cute, they come by courier and are nicely packaged with a little leaflet inside telling you about the products. 
My freebies for Feb are
Beyound Dark Moments of Pleasure dark chocolate drops with a hint of orange (35g) 
I'm not usually a fan of dark chocolate, but I just forced myself to eat some in order to let you know what I think. Yum.
Charles Worthington Volume Treatment (20ml)  I have yet to try this but will let you know how it goes. I will be using the 2.00 off product voucher for boots too.
So the verdict from this is that I like it. It's nice to get a little treat in the post, and try products you wouldn't normally come across, and the fact they are not all teeny tiny versions off is a big plus.
Do you subscribe to any of these boxes? 
:)X


2 comments:

  1. I've never subscribed to a box, I keep thinking its a nice idea though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my first ever You Beauty Discovery box this month, I'm actually really impressed, especially as it is one of the cheapest boxes going! Here's what I got; http://yayalicemay.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/your-beauty-discovery-box.html

    Alice May xx

    ReplyDelete