Monday, 24 March 2014

From Here to Eternity ... London Day trip


8am Saturday saw me on the national express coach to London. Mum (thanks mum!) had organized for 4 of us to go and see the musical From Here to Eternity.
Everyone knows the famous beach scene above right? 
The musical is an adaption of the novel of the same name by James Jones, & of course the film which won 8 academy awards, and starred Frank Sinatra Montgomery Clift, Burt Lancaster, Deborah Kerr and Donna Reed. 
IIf you are anything like me, then recognizing the scene above is about all you do know of the film...having never actually watched it, didn't know the story line and never read the book, I didn't really know what to expect from the musical. It was recommended to me by a friend and after quickly searching You Tube for clips I decided it would be good.


Set in Hawaii the story is based around 3 soldiers in the months leading up to the attack on Pearl Harbor,
Fabulous choreography and score, I would definitely tell you to go and see it.
Me? I'm going to see if I can find a copy of the original film....

:)X

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time, sounds like a show my mom would love.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and how thoughtful of your mum! Seems like you had a ball! xxx

    ReplyDelete