Sunday, 30 March 2014

(Mothering) Sunday Thoughts...


I made cakes today. Three. One each for the mums and one for me.
Regular readers of this blog must know by now that I am not and will never be a Mother. This is my choice and I am happy with it.
This does not mean I am any less deserving of cake.
I don't believe being a Mother would make you a better person than me, or any more deserving of cake.
I don't believe that being a mother would  mean your life would be any more important than mine, or that your cake eating is any more necessary. On a side note...I really don't believe that being a mother should mean you get to park closer to the supermarket doors than me. 
Any hoo, here is my Mum, she is pretty awesome and also getting cake.


Happy (Mothering) Sunday!!

:)X

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the mother and baby parking thing.....for heavens sake why?
    It should be reserved for the elderly or just increase the disabled spaces. Enjoy your cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you say Claire! Especially the parking, as Fiona says let the elderly and disabled park there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cake and a lovely picture of you both. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. and there seems to be more Mother and Baby parking than disabled parking it's just wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete