Wednesday, 5 March 2014

The boys in action


Remember our little trip to Lewes recently?
Being the unofficial photographer I took my big girls camera in the hope of getting some decent shots of them. I find taking pictures of them very hit and miss, a lot depends on the stage lighting, which of course I have no say over, then I have to battle with the people 'enjoying themselves' and dancing about in the front. Shouldn't I have a vip badge around my neck or something?! Thank goodness for sport and drive mode in the hope of getting a few in focus. 
The gig was a huge hit, the boys first trip to the south, and I'm sure there will be many more to come.
This was one shot I liked, which I thought I would share, maybe I'll show some more once I've edited them.
Anyone have any tips for taking pictures of bands in action?

:)X


8 comments:

  1. Great post. I definitely think taking the photos is really hard. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo. Any chance we could hear them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously great shot. If it were me at the helm of the camera, hands would be flailing and blurry as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you're being too hard on yourself? This looks pretty good from where I'm looking.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a great shot. I imagine its a nightmare when they are all moving round on stage, as well as the people dancing round in front of you.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great photo, looks very professional to me, well done! And yes a clip to hear them would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only jog for about 5 mins too, you're not alone!

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is so much personality to that shot. Great job! I hear you on the lighting. I tried taking photos for a friend's blues band once and the lights kept changing up and of course the performers move a lot. It's certainly a different challenge than people posing for portraits.

    One of my goals for the month is to improve my photography skills. Maybe you can help keep me on track?

    Hope your Monday is a great one!

    ReplyDelete