Wednesday, 23 April 2014

I’ve Got Your Number Sophie Kinsella. Book Review No. 7


i've got your number
Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her “happily ever after” begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill but in the panic that follows, her phone is stolen. As she paces shakily around the lobby, she spots an abandoned phone in a trash can. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!
Well, perfect except that the phone’s owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn’t agree. He wants his phone back and doesn’t appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life.
What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other’s lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls, and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents . . . she
soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life
I’ve read every Sophie Kinsella novel going. This was the one that had gotten away, I did get a copy once, one of those over size paper backs (why?) from the charity shop but then I realised why they gave it to me, it was a tad ‘manky’ to say the least. When I say I’ll read anything I didn’t mean that, I have some standards, please. I found this at a car boot sale for the bargain price of 50 pence.
What would you do if you lost your mobile phone? Would your life come to a screeching halt? How would you communicate with people?
And if you became aware that someone had your mobile phone (albeit a work one) would you let them ‘borrow’ it, have access to your life?
I asked myself this whilst reading the book. I like to think I wouldn’t have a breakdown over it. Then I remember when I was driving to work the other day and I suddenly thought I’d left my phone on the table at home. Heart. Stopped.
This novel, like Sophie’s other novels, is a funny laugh out loud easy read, which I enjoyed even though the story line is a bit far fetched, (I’m not sure why I just typed that, when the novel I’m currently reading is about children being kidnapped to go to a school for Good & Evil and then to graduate into fairy tales.)
If you’re a fan of Sophie, you will like it.
SmileX

1 comment:

  1. I have never read a Sophie Kinsella novel before, she is now on my list.

    ReplyDelete