Monday, 21 April 2014

Life’s a Beach

 

014

It occurred to me the other day, that I don’t post enough pictures of the area I live.

I’ve lived in this little sea side town since I was 11 years old, having moved down from Yorkshire, and Mr D & I bought our present house about 20 years ago. Our house is about a 2 minute walk to the beach.

It’s not the prettiest of beaches by any stretch of the imagination, but lately the powers that be have been trying to ‘regenerate’ parts of it.

017

Mr D & I decided to take a stroll on Good Friday to look at some new ice cream & coffee huts. It’s always good to know where the important places are.

004

These boulders are part of the new sea defences.

Apparently, you shouldn’t climb on them.

008

SmileX

7 comments:

  1. Hi, loved your beach photos Claire. I also love your vintage bike :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where abouts do you live then? I live on the coast but it's not so nice.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think anywhere near the ocean is relaxing. I love these photos. Hope you had a lovely Easter X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wished I lived 2 minutes walk from a beach, ours is about 10 minutes! Hope you had a good time visiting your Gran. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures, I do love the beach, in any weather. Now going to read all the posts I seem to have missed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lucky thing to only live 2 minutes walk away! We have to drive for an hour before we get to a beach. Glad to see they are regenerating it, let's hope it doesn't get too busy once they have finished. xx

    ReplyDelete