Monday, 23 June 2014

Forgotten. Cat Patrick. Bok Review No.12


forgotten cat patrick
Each night at precisely 4:33 am, while sixteen-year-old London Lane is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture. Luke Henry is not someone you'd easily forget, yet try as she might, London can't find him in her memories of things to come.
When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.
I found this book along with another by the same author in the charity shop, and thought they both looked interesting.
I will admit to being a bit befuddled for a while, I was thinking, how does London know who her family & best friend are if she doesn't remember her past? Then it clicked…she remembers them..from her future..
I was also thinking golly by the time she's a teenager her ‘notes’ she writes every night so she can read them in the morning as soon as she wakes up must be enough to fill a library. I mean a teenager has a lot of stuff going on..
On the other hand things can be ‘forgotten’ at the drop of a hat, so when London does something she won’t be thanked for at the time, all she does is not write it in the notes, and there she is, the picture of innocence.
I enjoyed this book, it was different, in a good way, and I’m now reading the other book I found by the same author, with a totally different but equally intriguing plot. I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes.
SmileX

1 comment: