Thursday, 12 June 2014

The Traveling Tea Shop. Book Review No.11


the travelling tea shop
A delectable tale of friendship, love and cake for fans of Jenny Colgan and Sophie Kinsella...
Laurie loves a challenge. Especially if it involves anything beautiful, baked and frosted. The brief is simple: With three other women, Laurie will board a London bus - kitted out as an English tea shop - on a deliciously different road trip of the USA.
Their mission: To bring home-grown classics like Battenberg, Victoria sponge and scones to the land of cupcakes, whoopie pies and gold-leafed chocolate sundaes.
And to show them how a real cup of tea is made. All of the women have their own secrets and heartaches to heal. As well as a grand appreciation of cupcakes, there's also the chance for romance...
But will making whoopee lead to love?
All aboard for: New York - Connecticut - Rhode Island - Massachusetts - Maine - New Hampshire – Vermont
Well of course I was going to buy it. You wouldn’t expect anything less of me would you?
Well as I don’t like to disappoint I promptly bought this as soon as I saw it.
Belinda Jones isn’t an author I read a lot, I’ve probably read one or two of her books in a past life, but they can’t have made much of an impression.
This was an entertaining read, and pretty good at making you want to visit said places (on a big red bus or not) I just found the storyline a bit flat. Not nearly enough talk about the actual travelling tea shop even though they did actually travel about in it, it didn’t seem like much of a tea shop to me, more like a mobile kitchen, of course there was some romance which included the obligatory -having such a good time and oh look we just got covered in baking ingredients- scene, but really a bit predictable.
Nice cover to add to the Tea related novel book pile though…
SmileX

2 comments:

  1. sounds interesting! I like the idea of a traveling tea shoppe! Also I love sophie kinsella so Id probably at least give this a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would get it just for the cover, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete