Friday, 8 August 2014

Life in Icicle Falls. Books review 14-18


icicle falls sheila roberts
I recently discovered the Icicle Falls series by Sheila Roberts
I’d never heard of this author before, and it was the Chocolate shop element of the first novel that sucked me in, Better than Chocolate, which just happens to be the first in the series. When I realised it was a series I had a look on Amazon and there they were.
Icicle Falls is a picture postcard town. Based around the Sterling family, Better than Chocolate tells the tale of Sweet Dreams Chocolate, the family business.
Sweet Dreams Chocolate Company has been in the Sterling family for generations, ever since Great-Grandma Rose literally dreamed up her first fabulous recipe. But now it looks as if they're about to lose Sweet Dreams to the bank—and that would be a disaster, not only for the family but for the town of Icicle Falls, Washington. Can Samantha, the oldest daughter and new head of the company, come up with a way to save it?After Samantha does some brainstorming with her mother and sisters, inspiration strikes. They'll have a chocolate festival! Time's running out, but the Sterling women are determined and the town's behind them, so everything's bound to go smoothly….
These books have a very Debbie Macomber vibe to them. If you’ve read any Blossom Street novels then these Icicle falls novels are of a similar read. They are all enjoyable easy reads with a romantic edge to them, without getting too sickly
Icicle falls is the town you (or maybe just me?) would dream of moving too. I’m glad I got to hear about these novels early on as there are only 5 at the moment, so I feel like I’m up to speed on all the goings on at Icicle falls. There’s nothing worse than discovering a series half way through and feeling like you are only half in the loop. It’s a town full of great characters and ideal business’s (a chocolate factory, a tea shop and a vintage shop, what more do we need?)
SmileX

1 comment:

  1. When can I move there, it sounds like my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete