Thursday, 27 November 2014

Girl Online Zoe Sugg Book review 24A (the book review with a difference)


Girl Online
I haven't actually finished this book, hence the part  A (part B will be when I’m finished which judging by the easy read-ness of it, wont  be many hours away) in fact I just bought it today. This is where I admit when I got out of bed this morning I had no idea who Zoe Sugg is. I don’t watch V logs on you tube, I do however know that it’s becoming a big deal, V logging. Something I don’t think I will ever be doing, you’re safe. I’m not one of her 6 million subscribers (6 MILLION!) I however do browse the shelves in book shops, which is where I was today when this leaped off the shelf and into my arms.  Happens to me all the time.
So the back of the book goes like this:
I had no idea Girl Online would take off the way it has - I can't believe I now have 5432 followers, thanks so much! - and the thought of opening up to you all about this is terrifying, but here goes...
Penny has a secret.
Under the alias Girl Online, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship – forever.
Of course I got home (with the book) and googled her. Now I feel like I’ve been living in a hole, apparently she’s a pretty big deal. If you’re under 25.  Which obviously you know I’m not, but you also know I’m not a book snob, so I’m interested to read it. Zoe started blogging in 2009 and is now V logging.  Beauty, fashion and life in general, has won various awards and now has this book published. Sounds like the dream life.
You can have a look at her blog here.
It’s a nice looking book, a small pretty hard back that looks nice on your shelf/table, and from the first chapter, seems like a likeable easy story, I think I’m going to enjoy it, I’ll be sure to let you know.
So, have you heard of her? Have you read any books written by bloggers?
XSmile

No comments:

Post a Comment