Monday, 22 December 2014

A Most Desirable Marriage Hilary Boyd. Book review No.26!


a most deirable marriage hilary boyd
Lawrence and Jo have enjoyed a strong marriage, the envy of their friends. Even after thirty years they have lots to say to each other, many interests in common and, until recently, a good sex life.
But Lawrence seems wary and restless. Something’s wrong. Just how wrong, Jo is about to discover…
Can they use their years of history – all the things they’ve shared – to overcome a devastating betrayal?
I seem to be reading books about people not really knowing their partners. After 30 years of marriage the reason why Lawrence leaves Jo is quite a shocker, (I won’t spoil it for you) but not unbelievable, I know of marriages that have split up after many many years out of the blue like this one, but never for this reason although I am sure it happens often.
I felt bad for Jo, but at the same time I wanted her to smack Lawrence over the head with a wet fish…or something. She just lets him go without much of a fuss, which I can understand, I don’t think begging would achieve anything, but then again I wanted some kind of reaction.
A well as Jo’s marital problems we get to know the children Nikki and Cassie, who have relationship issues of their own.
This is an easy read, the first of Hilary Boyd’s novels I’ve come across but I would read more of hers, an interesting story which I couldn’t put down.
SmileX

2 comments:

  1. Just downloaded this book - thanks - but might need to build up to it. Thinking I've been happily married for the last 25 years, hubby has decided he isn't happy enough! Onwards and upwards as they say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued to read why he left her now.

    ReplyDelete