Tuesday, 30 December 2014

The Post Christmas Post of 2014


mr and mrs
We are apparently in Twixmas, this time between Christmas and New Year, kind of like a no mans land where a lot of people don’t go to work or if they do they use this time as an excuse to just get the bare minimum done.
Working in healthcare, this isn’t quite how it is for me, although in some of my work I’m self employed and other work is on a relief basis I do have a bit of a say in what hours I do, on the other hand I’m not going to leave someone without help just because it’s Christmas. I worked on and off over the Christmas period, but today is my first of 3 whole days off, which I plan on enjoying.
Christmas morning Mr D and I visited my sister and her family. I wore my red coat which makes me feel like Little Red riding Hood even though it doesn't actually have a hood. I bought this from a charity shop in the summer and this is the first time It’s been worn.
christmas niece's
We saw the Niece’s (Nephew is all grown up and lives with his girlfriend now yikes)
me caz and mr
I’m often amazed at what a catch my husband is. Mr D is so photogenic, as proved in the above pic.
We  had Christmas dinner mid afternoon at home, just Mr D and I which is just how we like it.
I got lots of lovely presents from Santa, including a Ukulele which I have no idea how to play but which I have been dropping hints about ever since watching Imelda May at a gig not long ago. Maybe next Christmas there will be a V log of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
SmileX

10 comments:

  1. Lovely to see such happy photos. Good learning the ukulele - a friend plays and absolutely loves it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos hun, looks and sounds like you had a great Christmas.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful photos! Looks like you had so much fun!
    Wishing you all the best for 2015 - happy New Year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you could spend some of Christmas with your family! Lovely images of you all.I have often thought about learning to play an ukulele , my family for some reason aren't so keen of me learning! Can't wait to hear your Twinkle,Twinkle little star next year! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twixmas, haha, I love it! I've never heard it called that before.. (I actually HATE this time of year, but don't get me started... haha)

    Anyhoo, I found your blog through a fellow blogger. I thought I would stop by and say hi! I'd love it if you did the same and kept in touch! I am always down for more quality blogs to follow!! - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas looks like it was just lovely Claire. I hope you have an amazing New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post. Happy holidays & new year! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I long for a christmas with just the two of us ... one day! I'll look forward to the ukulele vlog next year! At the school where I used to work, we had a ukulele club and lots of the children learned to play and performed at the christmas concerts and such - it was lovely!
    Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww you both looked so adorable on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete