Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Ickworth Hall Inside The National Trust


009
Whilst browsing through my photo folders, like I do, it occurred to me that I never did take you inside Ickworth Hall. You remember our walk around the gardens in this post here. The gardens were glorious, and we have yet to visit again to see the places we didn’t get time to explore.
So here we are. The Library being my favourite room. Of course it was. Where I could sit and read one of the hundreds of books (well if they weren’t guarded over by a rather tall lady who seemed to have her beady eye on me and my camera) Maybe she could tell I was itching to touch everything?
013
I was wondering if I just eased one of these volumes out would a secret passage way open up?
011
The rope which was keeping me from sitting at the card table was so small and almost…well not there at all. I could quite easily have hopped across it and put my shawl over my shoulders…see it laying there across the back of the chair? I’m sure the nice lady with the beady eyes wouldn’t have noticed a thing.
016
Maybe if I offered her a wee cup of tea….
The rest of the house was just as lovely, there was a desk for me to do my blogging from…
001
Mr D certainly looked the part..there was a lot of looking upwards to do.
023
There were a few windows to look through, just to see what was there..
020
How much did I want to sit in that hole.? I could have struck quite the bloggers pose.
022
Apparently the owners spent all their money on portraits and art. The bigger the better. It’s like me and tea cups.
026
It’s a cold winter night here, time for bed. I’ll have my bath drawn at 8am. Make it hot.
SmileX

8 comments:

  1. Woah that place is so cool! Thanks for sharing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you totally should have done it and blown that beady-eyed lady's mind! ;) And yessss, there's totally a secret passageway behind that bookcase!!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it's just as beautiful inside as it is on the outside,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get me some serious four poster bed action!! Def suit my house :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love places like this!! I love to tour mansions and different places that are restored to be exactly what they were in their prime.

    ReplyDelete