Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Time to bust out the Fortnum & Mason Royal Blend.


Fortnum and Mason
Sometimes there is the need for a stronger blend. Monday morning was one of those times, it doesn't take much these days for me to need the benefits of a wee pick me up. Then it’s time to bust out the Fortnum and Mason Royal Blend. Even better when using the cute tea pot for one.
I was looking at caffeine free tea today, and just stood there thinking, so what’s the point in that!  I know that some people can’t have caffeine as it makes them ill, but I also know some people say it keeps them awake. I don’t think there is anything that keeps me awake. Once I’m snuggled up that’s it, short of my house falling into a sink hole, I’m asleep.
In a previous life, I worked in a convent (yes I did) and I often remember the old nuns would be wandering the corridors looking for a cup of tea (complete with caffeine) because they couldn’t sleep. If I ever do wake up in the middle of the night, even with my obsession with tea, it’s the last thing I would think of doing.
So the question of the day is, does caffeine keep you awake? Or does it make you ill?
SmileX

2 comments:

  1. Caffeine doesn't have much of an effect on me one way or another.Maybe I drink it too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to have my caffeine in the morning... always!

    ReplyDelete