Monday, 8 December 2014

Where (and how) do you blog?


269
I use my laptop to create posts, I do this when the mood takes me. I would love to be able to create posts on my tablet but I just can’t get my head around that. I’m the most un-technical blogger ever. I really am just winging it. In my head I would like to do scheduled posts about a week in advance, or even have a few posts ‘in the bank’ ready to post when I feel the time is right. The reality is I have only ever had 2 or 3 posts scheduled ahead of time if I’m going to be away, but more often than not I don’t and regret it.
I do have a notepad (well I have about 478 but that’s another post) for jotting down ideas and thoughts, which I do refer to, but mostly I write my posts on a whim at the moment I think of them. I wonder if it’s really true that some bloggers have a whole calendar dedicated to their blogs, when I see the posts about organising their calendars, all pretty and lovely looking, with pretty sticky notes and reminders, I wonder if they really stick to that. Or if it’s all a fairy tale.
During the summer my laptop mostly lives in the upstairs office and I blog at my desk, but now that winter is kicking in, I’ve brought it down for the warm cosy days by the fire.
The only regular posts on my blog are my Sunday Thoughts, which I enjoy because I like to find interesting and fun quotes, and I’m not going to lie, I like the fact that they require minimum work and they are pretty popular with my readers. I’ve started to post a This Week post as a kind of what I’ve been up to but I don’t want to have that on a regular day as I don’t like to be committed.
Do you have a schedule/routine/pretty colourful blogging calendar?
SmileX

9 comments:

  1. I think I see a copy of Girl Online in that picture. Is it good?

    I have an editorial calendar for my blog and I also have the posts written down in my planner. I prefer to have at least a week's worth of posts scheduled, but that doesn't always happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I'm the worst at organized blogging or anything scheduled with regards to blogging. Anytime it feels forced, it's less fun and I'm less prone to doing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blog calendar!!!! WTF? Blimey these people must have too much time on their hands.... a situation I can only dream of. Mine are always almost written on the spur of the moment when the mood takes me. I never have any drafted for future use, I'm just not that organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blog in my bed. lol. I usually do my whole week (however many posts I have for that week) on Sunday mornings while watching movies or binging Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually blog on the laptop on the sofa. Sine moving and having the pup my posts are less frequent! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you wrote about this because I've been thinking a lot about it myself. I don't have a set schedule for posting and I wish I could have posts in storage but I just... don't. I usually start writing the night before (and sometimes in the middle of the night, as has been happening lately) and I continue in the morning and then hit publish sometime before 11am (on a good day, LOL). I have learned that that is the beat that works for me, ya know?

    But in an ideal world, sure. I'd have a filled-in blog calendar. Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I plan out my posts, but I don't always stick to what I've planned because sometimes a random idea for a post will come to me and I'd rather share that instead. I normally blog in my recliner under my fave blanket with my laptop. :) It's always fun for me to read how other bloggers organize (or don't) their posts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always in the study, with my Hubby on the computer next to me playing noisy computer games that do my head in. I wish I was organised with my blog but I am so slack. I'm trying to get my mojo back but I don't want to put pressure on myself and then feel like blogging is a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use my laptop and that follows me around the house if I am busy writing up a post. But as for pretty organised calendars, I would love to do that but I usually go by what is on my camera. Maybe this could be a new year resolution for me to make notes and ideas in a pretty notebook (I'll have to buy a new one - like you, I have so many!). Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope you have now put the decorations up - I'm just catching up on blog reading so noticed your new post. I'm not into Christmas as much as I usually am, so mine have only just gone up. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete