Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Typing Out Loud


typewriter
I found that typewriter under my desk yesterday and I’m sad I haven’t written a letter on it yet, I’ve been a bit overwhelmed the last couple of weeks with life being so busy, not just with work but life in general. That’s not a complaint, just an observation. This weekend is Mr D’s Birthday and we are celebrating with some friends which will be welcome fun time. 
I seem to have been bombarded with parents acting like I owe them something this week, on visiting a local coffee shop I was pretty much barged out of the way when a large group of customers came in. Complete with kids and bikes. Yes bikes. Inside. Whilst my bike was locked up just outside they thought they couldn’t leave little Jimmies out there, even though the place has large glass doors so you would be able to keep a beady eye on the precious things. Then they toppled over and nearly fell on me, the bikes not the children, eventually after several chaotic minutes of bikes kids parents and me losing my place in the queue they did put the bikes outside. Not the kids. Shame. After getting to the front of the queue and then realising there was no free tables still they didn’t get outta my way. Just wait a nanosecond with your noisy disruptive family and I can guarantee the place will empty.
Then there came the moving all the tables to suit them, which consisted of moving about 3 tables into the middle of the room which meant the Mr and I were separated. I felt like using the tables or kids as stepping stones. We sat for about ten minutes of screaming and chaos before we legged it outta there, complete with headache. And I breathed a sigh of relief that I no longer work there.
SmileX

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... this would fill me with panic too. I think parents really need to monitor their children better, and while I understand that a bicycle is a precious (and expensive) commodity, do not make the other patrons suffer b/c you don't have a bike lock. Yeeeesh! I would have high-tailed it out of there a lot faster than you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty typewriter, it's always nice to receive a letter or card typewritten :)

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, some parents are so disrespectful - I hate that! And bringing their bikes inside? Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously some parents have NO respect. I love waiting tables while people's children are running all over the place like it's a playground. That's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes!!! They sound like a piece of work.

    ReplyDelete