Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Where we ate chocolate, talked about what we would (or wouldn't) do for 200.00 an hour, and talked about the book.


books01
This week was my second meeting of The Book Club, at last we all got together to sit in a kitchen and eat cake, (the brownie recipe in the back of the book was made and was delish), and chat about a book, amongst other things. I did my taking charge bit and told everyone to bring diaries for easier planning of the next meeting (it gave me a bit of a headache trying to organise this one).
The book this time was this one..
the chocolate lovers club
Forget diamonds, chocolate is a girl’s best friend. Some women are addicted to shopping, others can’t get enough of champagne.Some like to curl up with a good book, and others want a night out on the town.
But there’s just one thing Lucy Lombard can’t live without, and that’s chocolate—rich, creamy, sweet, delicious chocolate.
For her there’s no substitute. There’s nothing it won’t cure, from heartache to a headache, and she’s not alone. Sharing her is passion are her three best friends and fellow addicts: sweet, peace-loving Autumn, harried mom Nadia, and sex kitten Chantal. Together they form a select group known as the Chocolate Lovers’ Club. Whenever there’s a crisis, they meet in their sanctuary, a cafĂ© called Chocolate Heaven, and with a cheating boyfriend who promises he’ll change, a flirtatious boss, a gambling husband, and a loveless marriage, there’s always plenty to discuss….
By turns hilarious and heartrending, The Chocolate Lovers’ Club brings together four unforgettable women from totally different worlds united in their passion for chocolate.
This book was first published in 2007, and is very chic lit. These girls eat chocolate a lot. I mean, I’m a chocolate lover, but these girls actually made me start to feel a bit icky whilst reading about them gorging themselves at every opportunity, or crisis. And believe me there was a lot of crisis. It was enjoyable though, the girls in the book are very different but all have a shared love obsession with chocolate, and they all come together to help each other out in a crisis., with chocolate of course taking a very important role in revenge for one of them. There is a second novel I believe, The Chocolate Lovers Diet, which I will read if it ever comes my way.
The gossip at the book club was all tied into the books characters and  ranged from who would or had,  helped someone on the wrong end of the law, who had (or would) smoked a joint, how much we would be willing to ‘do’ for 200.00 an hour, and the world of on line gambling.
Funny the things you learn about people just from discussing a book, you know what they say, what goes on in book club, stays in book club…
SmileX

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good book, I shall have to find itxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I want to be part of a chocolate lovers' club as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering if you drink wine at your book club, it does tend to loosen the tongue and I'd choose it over chocolate any day. Just tried to get into a Carole Matthews book (25p chazza buy) but it didn't grip me in the first few pages so started something else. Maybe I'll give it another try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I want to be in a club like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a really fun book club. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely am one of those woman. :D
    I think what I've found what to buy on kindle next. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like such a fun read! I think I need to go check it out. :) I've never been in a book club, but this definitely makes me want to join one, especially if chocolate is involved. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That actually sounds like such a cute book. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete