Wednesday, 4 February 2015

And then it all turned to crap


recovery
We had a lovely weekend in London to celebrate Mr’s birthday, I took lots of photos which I will be sorting out when I find the will.
And then this happened. With my vehicle already off the road needing new parts we took Mr’s van, which promptly broke down on the slip road of a busy dual carriage way on the way home.  Being in such place made us nervous, so we stood up the bank in the rain waiting for nice Mr Policeman to come and tow us to the nearest layby. The AA then took 2 hours to get us a recovery truck to take us home. I was cold. I stood there with my big brave girl face as there's nothing to be achieved by moaning and being miserable, but I was very cold. Even though I had 5 layers on and a hat. I could have married the recovery man right there with his heated cab. Dodgy earrings and everything. By the next morning I was ill.
The good news is Mr’s van is fixed but my vehicle is still out of action until a new part arrives. The other good news is that after 2 days I am now dressed. I intend to cycle into town. I have so much to do  and I am stealing the power cable from Mr’s computer to write this as mine decided to break. It must be the month for things to give up. Hopefully postie will be bringing me a new power cable tomorrow.
Oh and on the bright side, it’s Ukulele club tonight.
I hope your weeks gone better!
SmileX

8 comments:

  1. You're not having much luck with things breaking... Hopefully everything will work out on all accounts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear! Hope things will look up from here on out! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m sorry to hear you've had a rough week! I teach full time--and for the past week and this week, I've been teaching in a whisper because my voice gave out when I got a nasty cold. It's a good thing I have lovely students :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap - I have a long list of things that have gone wrong or failed so far this year! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Claire that sounds horrible. I remember being in a similar situation many years ago - before mobile phones - and having to trek between a nearby pub and our car to make the calls. There's such a feeling of helplessness as all you can do is wait. Well done for keeping a brave face on though - I'd have probably been on my knees - and lets hope your share of bad luck is over for the rest of the month! Fingers crossed x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you :( Being cold and damp is quite miserable in and of itself but to have car worries on top of that... well, I feel your pain. I always say when things can't get worse, they usually don't. I don't know if there's any truth to that, but it's nice to think "hey, this is the worst it'll get right now." I hope the rest of your week looks much brighter :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its because Mercury is in Retrograde ;) Not long till we're through it tho. google it lol love your fav sis :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy birthday to Mr's birthday. I feel for you standing in the cold for so long!I hate the cold. It will be a birthday to remember for the wrong reasons. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete