Saturday, 14 February 2015

It all started on Valentines Day


adventures
Valentines Day 26 years ago. I had been ‘hanging out’ along the sea front with my friends, we were probably arguing over who was the most gorgeous brother in Bros, deciding whether to go up to the pool/snooker club at the top of the arcade and buy a coke to sit on the balcony with, (& try and look cool) or to spend our last pennies on a game of Nemesis. (FYI I was never cool)
I had gotten a lift home with a boy. Those were the days we would get in boys cars and just ‘go for a cruise’ around the town. Because petrol didn’t cost the earth back then, and it seemed like all boys who picked up young girls weren’t serial killers. (Phew) This particular boy we kind of knew though, he was a friend of a friend, I’d seen him on my bus to college, and we had gotten lifts with him before and survived, I’d eaten his chocolates (which he later tells me he left on his dash board on purpose) so we decided he was ok. Plus my friend fancied the pants off him.
He dropped off my friends first, and when I arrived at my front door there was a big (BIG) valentine card in the porch. With a red rose. (Remember when you thought the bigger the better when it came to cards?) It wasn’t signed, but I did wonder.
I thought it was sweet, but a bit awkward. (Remember one of my friends fancied the pants off him)He admitted the next day that the card was from him, he said it all in one breath as I was getting out of his car and I think I said something like oh right…thanks! and legged it inside the house. When he rang me and asked me out with said friend sitting right next to me I hesitated for a minute, asked her if she would mind and when she said no I promptly accepted. My friend didn’t talk to me for a while after that conversation.
I wonder what would have become of us if I had done the decent thing and said no to save my friends feelings.
There’s been a lot of adventures since then.
Happy Valentines!
SmileX

5 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines, Clarie! How romantic! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for sharing this story! I am so glad you did not say no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. Got me giddy. Thanks for sharing this. :)
    How was your Vday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely story and great memory :)

    Congrats on 26 years, that is staying power indeed :)

    Hope your Anni and V. Day was awesome, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story. Wishing you many more years of happiness. X

    ReplyDelete