Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Southbank. London


london
Following on from our trip to London last weekend, I thought I’d show you how pretty it is at night.
The Southbank, (the side of the Thames that the London Eye is on) is being developed constantly and has turned into a cool place to go and eat, people watch and see the sights.
We walked across the Jubilee Bridge where we got a great view of Big Ben and the London eye all lit up and pretty.
the london eye 2015
Across the river on Southbank all the trees were strewn with pretty fairy lights. Who doesn't love fairy lights!? Being late at night all the food trucks were closed although there were plenty of restaurants open, all heaving with diners. (We ended up eating out food in what seemed to be a corridor in a night club but we don’t like to remember that..)
london9
Would love to go back and get some food from one of the vans.
I think that’s the first time we’ve ever just walked around at night taking in the pretty sights and it was great. It was February, it was a bit cold, hence my new head wear I bought that day and London was buzzing.
london 2015 2
SmileX

6 comments:

  1. I quite fancy going on the London Eye at night - I think seeing the lights would be great, but it looks like I could enjoy just wondering around too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I want to come visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. London is so beautiful at night! So are you! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Ditto to Vintage Alley Blog's comment. I'll get my daughter to London one of these days.

    ReplyDelete