Friday, 20 February 2015

There’s no place like home... except Grandma’s


gran
Yesterday I drove the 4 1/2 hour trip to Yorkshire to visit Grandma. Our usual girlie trip where the husbands are left at home to enjoy themselves fend for themselves.
Today we have been out for lunch and to the local supermarket where Granny filled the trolley with biscuits, cakes and all manor of treats. It’s tough when you can’t get out to browse the shops yourself without help and as Granny gets a hot meal in the restaurant of her building once a day provided all she needs are goodies for her cupboards. I’m sure everyone we passed on the way into her building  and looked in our shopping bags would have thought those treats were all for us. I’m blaming Granny for my sweet tooth.
Tonight I’ve tapped into Grannie’s Wi Fi, opened a bottle of wine, and while Granny is watching her TV programmes I plan on catching up with some blogs.
SmileX

8 comments:

  1. I used to love visiting my gran - every Friday she cooked me a lunch, pretty much until a month before she died (aged 99). There really isn't anyone quite like grandma! :) I hope you are having a great time. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to still have your Gran. (don't forget we know how old you are!)
    Make the very most of your time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds very good to me. I remember treats at my granny's house too, she was a great one for cakes. I blame her for my sweet tooth, extra inches upon the hips and, bizarrely, a love of pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely picture of her! I also love your blog title. Stop by anytime at scarletheart1:18@blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds lovely! My grandma also had a sweet tooth and made the best cookies. I loved spending time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandparent's treats are always the best aren't they?! I remember going to mine on a Friday night and being greeted with all sorts of sugary sweets. The best times. Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's sound like lots of fun!, enjoy the time with your Granx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so wonderful that you made this kind of trip to spend some time with your grandmother :) I'm sure it meant more to her than you'll ever realize. And I have a sweet tooth too which I know I get from my grandparents, too. Hope you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete