Monday, 27 April 2015

The Green Gables Happy Paper Club Review


the green gables2
I was obsessed with stationary at school. Until I was in high school I moved every couple of years and so I became a pen pal collector of my friends I’d left behind. Writing letters on pretty stationary was something I loved to do. And I was always happy if I came home to find I’d received one in return. Now, through blogging I find I’m sending and receiving mail from different corners of the world, as well as some of those pen pals from many years ago.  And it makes me as happy as it ever did to see the mail on my door mat.
I was more than excited to be able to review The Green Gables Happy Mail Club. A subscription box of loveliness for all stationary lovers.
I tried a one off taster box, but you can sign up for a monthly subscription if you want to.
My box contained all kinds of goodies. The first good thing about the box is it fits through your letter box. So you wont miss it if you are out. Nothing more annoying than knowing you have to wait for the next day to get your happy mail.
Inside?
the green gables6
The meal Planner. I’ve never used a meal planner. I fumble along from day to day wondering what to have for tea, looking in the fridge for inspiration and then realising I’m lacking the one vital ingredient for my chosen dish. I buy things and then find them the following week all lost and lonely and out of date at the back of the fridge. This could be the beginning of the new meal planning me. And there’s even a lovely pencil included in the box to write it with. (Pictured above)
Thank you Card. Because there’s always somebody to thank in your life. Whether it’s for a gift, a thoughtful action or just because they are wonderful, everyone appreciates a little note of thanks.
Printed card. Tomorrow is a day with no mistakes in it yet. So true.
Wildflower Seeds. A little extra surprise was a packet of seeds. We’ve (aka Mr D)  just planted some flowers ready for the nice weather (that’s why it rained all day today) and I can’t wait to put these somewhere to brighten up the garden a bit more.
Happy Post Day Stickers. because every day should be a Happy Post Day. And stickers are always good.
Also included was a discount code for this shop for a free pair of silver earrings!
So what did I think of the box? I’m loving the various different subscription boxes that are available right now. It’s not just magazines anymore, you can get a beauty box or a snack box, and even your pet dog or cat can receive some happy mail every month. So it was just a matter of waiting for someone to come up with a box for stationary lovers. The Green Gables has done us proud. The products are really good quality, the card stock nice and thick, and the selection of products in the box are just right.
Are you a stationary lover? Check The Green Gables out on their Facebook page!
SmileX

3 comments:

  1. I am a HUGE fan of stationary!!! I still write letters and send handmade cards for basically everything. I'm a fan of snail mail and everything that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big stationary lover (though I never write letters to people, more of a serial list maker!) and I love the idea of these boxes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete