Friday, 3 July 2015

The Great British Summer

war and peace 7
It’s happened, where we are all moaning about how hot it is, that big yellow thing in the sky shows it’s face for more than a couple of days and there’s talk of the poor gardens needing a water, it’s too hot to work, to sit out, when will we get a decent days rain. And you know when the rain falls for more than five minutes that sun will have been forgotten and we will be wondering if we will ever get a decent summer.
We are just never satisfied, the weather is never predictable, and we are never grateful.
The picture above was taken last summer and as you can see I’m a prepared girl. Summer dresses, wellie’s and umbrella. That’s the wardrobe of my summer holiday.
I haven't had much time lately, to visit you all, to write, or even to wash my kitchen floor which I can see from the corner of my eye but I'm trying to ignore it.
This weekend is a sister road trip to Grandma’s. Tea, cake and gossip. Just the 4 and a half hour drive to get through.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the weather!
SmileX

2 comments:

  1. Great photo and have a great weekend. I'm looking forward to spending some time in the sunshine in my garden - that'll make it rain! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Us Canadians are never happy with the flippin weather either, too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer. I try not to complain because our winters are awful.

    But its funny you write this because my mom and I were joking around the other night saying that England has our summer weather and we've got yours - rain, rain and more rain.

    Apart from the long drive, do enjoy your weekend with your Grandma. That's lovely you're seeing her.

    xo Have a great weekend hun!

    ReplyDelete