Tuesday, 11 August 2015

That was Monday.. (Happy Birthday Eve to me!)



Monday was my Birthday Eve. After sitting on an airfield for the weekend we decided to brave the traffic and come home early so that we could go on a little Birthday Eve shopping trip.
The scene above isn’t quite what I expected to see, not being  the usual route to the next town, but Mr had the idea of checking up on some scaffolding…to see if it had appeared while he wasn’t looking.. (the life of the self employed). So then there was the chance to make dust.
The purpose of the shopping trip was to find me some comfortable walking boots which will take me up the hills which have been my enemy for the last few years. I am hoping that my new boots and my new found fitness levels will get me to the top of some hills without too much hurting and whining. I found some which are actually on my feet as I type to check them out properly. There is a chance I will be walking up and down and up and down my stairs soon.



It’s always the best thing when you stumble across a cafe you never new existed. And when it turns out they make the best milkshakes (with ice cream) and cake. I’m a happy girl.



No shopping trip is complete without a visit to a book store. I was like a child in a sweet shop when Mr told me to ‘choose a book’. FYI I chose The Italians at Cleat's Corner Store. It was a bit of an impulse book buy. I’d never heard of it before or the author, but something about it made me pick it up.
Stopping at Waitrose on the way home to pick up something for tea, which I had after y 2 studio classes. Body pump and body balance. The air conditioning didn’t see to be working I realised after I thought I was having a hot flush.
:)X





9 comments:

  1. Milkshakes & cake...? Are you sure you're allowed that now you're a gym bunny? Go on then...it is your birthday. Hope it's a good one. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I am also like a little kid in a book store. Such a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the perfect birthday celebration for me. I love a good bookstore and hiking related goodies. Happy birthday! I hope it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. milkshakes and books...sounds like a great day to me! happy birthday :) #authenticbloggers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you! A week today will be my Birthday eve. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday (it was mine on Sunday!) What more could you want for a lovely birthday - milkshake, cake and books - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your birthday! I feel the same as you when it comes to book shops! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to figure out what I want to do for my birthday, Izzy keeps asking me and I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete