Monday, 31 August 2015

Lately


It’s started. That time when we forget the lovely (too) hot sunny days we’ve spent this year lying around relaxing and sipping one (or 6) gin and tonics, because we’ve had a couple of days of rain and suddenly it’s the bloody British summer and when will we ever get it.
Today we got up far too early to travel the 4 hour drive home in a big old slow moving vehicle in the persisting rain. The weekend was spent at an air and motor show at this event. I don’t actually have any pictures worth showing you as I was having technical differences with my camera, you will just have to take my word that we had a nice time. Mr saw the mistress (he’s actually seen her 3 times in a week but whose counting)? I read another book and tried to be sociable to the well meaning public wanting to look in my home on wheels and ask me how many miles to the gallon it does (fyi 8) and how much the tyres are. I confess that every now and then, I shut myself in.
I’m realising I’ve been a bit neglectful of my blog lately, but this is what happens in the summer season I’m afraid, and I haven't ever really got to grips with the whole scheduling posts thing like a ‘proper blogger’, I sometimes think I should but then I don’t really see myself doing that as a regular thing. It would be like writing in next weeks journal page and who does that?
I have to confess I bought some Christmas decs whilst away, some Christmas bunting. I’ve put it next to my advent calendar. Yes that’s what I said. What can I say, I can’t wait.
I’ve just realised I have just 4 weeks until we go to the hills and I’m wondering if all this gym time will be helpful. I’m kind of hoping I’ll surprise myself.
:)X 

4 comments:

  1. Is that the QE2 bridge? I been to body pump twice now and going again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One or six gin and tonics Hahahah! My kind of lady.

    I sometimes schedule posts but not all the time. Most of the stuff I post is on the fly and thus time consuming as frig! My own fault though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds a long journey in the rain on a bank holiday too! Glad you had a nice time. I don't blame you getting away from the public sometimes, it must be difficult answering the same questions all weekend! I do try to write a post a week but never schedule anything either! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a nice time. Miss you Claire!

    ReplyDelete