Monday, 14 September 2015

Another Anniversary

Another anniversary creeps up and suddenly I’ve been married to this man for 16 years. Which means we’ve been together for 26 years. More than half my life. It feels like we’ve been together forever, he was my first ‘proper’ boyfriend, I remember hesitating when he asked me to go out with him, he says he always knew we would stay together. I would say now that we’ve had our ups and downs, but to be honest, and not to seem smug, but we really haven't. People often say it’s good to argue, that it clears the air and makes the relationship real. But we just don’t really argue about anything, does this mean we are boring/bored? I don’t think so. We have a lot of adventures together, but we also have our own space, things we do apart with different people and that’s fine with both of us.
I know we are lucky that we found each other, at the right time, and that we’ve had a very happy life together, and the best thing is it’s not over yet. There are many more adventures waiting for us and I can’t wait to enjoy them with my favourite person.
:)x

13 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! That is awesome that you two have been together so long. I wish you many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. Wishing you many more years of happiness. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post! Congratulations on your anniversary.

    Dave and I are quite similar - we never argue because we're both pretty easy going most of the time! We spend more time 'apart' (quite often in the same room doing our own thing!) than doing things together I think and we both have our interests and live quite independently of one another compared to many couples, but as a couple we work very well and have some great adventures together. We've not been together so long though, approaching 10 years, and he's not the sort to ever ask me to marry him, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are an inspiration. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to both of you Claire. And can I just add that you are looking particularly gorgeous in that pic x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Nothing better than spending you life with your best friend. My husband and I don't argue either and we've been together forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy celebrating! Here's to many more! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, 26 years together is pretty incredible!! Good for you two! Congrats xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your anniversary, a lovely picture of you both , I feel the same way about my husband too! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete