Thursday, 10 September 2015

Inside my HOme on Wheels



Many years ago Mr D and I visited a yard full of big green trucks and came home with ours. We decided we would upgrade from our little green caravan and buy something bigger. The box was empty when we bought it, the floor was covered in oil stains, but Mr had a vision of what it could be and I had my own.
Visiting a caravan and motorhome show we bought a cooker and fridge, the cooker being the ultimate luxury for us after years of managing to make meals on a 2 ring burner.


That bed is where I could sleep forever. I think the patchwork velvet quilt was actually the first accessory i bought for the inside, and I still love it. I can wrap myself up in that and stay there all week if I’m allowed. (I’m not usually allowed)

We spend a lot of time in here, there are a lot of shows throughout the season which we take the truck to and we try to go to as many as we can. More than once we have fantasised about just travelling form one show to the next without coming home…


The wood burner means we don’t just keep our adventures to the summer, we can park up any time of year, as long as we take the wood with us. It gets extremely hot when Mr piles on the wood in the night.


The good thing about the layout is that most things can stay on the shelves during transit, in fact the truck stays stocked up all summer which makes for a pretty quick get away when the time comes and we often use it as an emergency larder if we run out of anything at home we know we probably have it in there.



The good thing about the layout is that most things can stay on the shelves during transit, in fact the truck stays stocked up all summer which makes for a pretty quick get away when the time comes and we often use it as an emergency larder if we run out of anything at home we know we probably have it in there.

:)X











12 comments:

  1. Doombar and cider, I'd say you are well stocked.... not 'arf! What a lovely home from home. Did you install those special non-falling-off shelves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! One day I want to do the same thing. We can't now because our family is too large (6 peeps).

    I think that would be so great for retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I would like to do this too someday - maybe after the kids are out of the house? I've heard great things about airstreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a fun life!! My parents have lived in their camper for 6-8 month periods while they have renovated houses or built their current one. It was always fun listening to their adventures.

    I like how you decorated your home on wheels :)
    Autumn @ Stay gold Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am kind of jealous, it looks pretty amazing. You live such a fun life Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is this! I love how cozy and how decorated your home on wheels is! I'd love to buy something like this after I have kids and they graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have a wood burner in there too! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you're as snug as a bug in a rug in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! It's like tiny houses but on wheels! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love this!! You should do a tour of this just so we can see the full thing and how everything fits so perfectly.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really cozy, I love it!! And a woodburner... Hello, isn't that handy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a pretty fun place to hang out! What a great thing to have.

    ReplyDelete