Thursday, 8 October 2015

This Girl Did



After two weeks of the world spinning around me I never thought I would make it to the top of some hills, all that hard work at the gym this year and I wondered if it would all go to waste, but there I am, at the top, looking down into the Martindale valley in The Lakes. If you look closely you can see the red roof of the hunting lodge which is where we spent many a holiday years ago with friends and where we stayed whilst getting married 16 years ago.
The week was perfect (if you ignore the fact that I felt sick most of the time and I couldn’t move very fast) I only fell on my arse once up the hill, we had some lovely sunny weather, the best we’ve ever had up there, I didn’t want to come home.



Now we are home I’m trying to get back to normal, but am still sleeping with extra pillows and there’s no yoga or body balance for me yet, there is not a chance in hell of me performing downward dog without falling over or throwing up, but I am at least back to work (even if I’m on go slow) and the Mr is being very patient with his wobbly wife.
I’m very out of touch with everyone, and will come and visit you all soon!
:)X

7 comments:

  1. Oh man- you are braver than I! I don't know that I would attempt those hills even not wobbly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos! Congrats on making it to the top, wobbly wife or not! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, glad you had a good time. Do take it easy for a while though. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you're not fully recovered yet but glad that you managed to tackle those hills regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have shared many holidays in this special location with us, it is good to see you here again! So sorry that you hadn't recovered how frustrating for you! Well done for reaching the top and getting these lovely images in the sunshine. The views look amazing. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely views; I'm glad you were able to enjoy such a special place even though you weren't feeling 100%. Make sure you take care of yourself, lady. xo

    ReplyDelete