Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Lately....


It’s been a busy and somewhat disorientating couple of months here, with me trying to look like some kind of normal and ignoring the world that sometimes spins around me. 
It was actually 2 months ago I first work up in the morning and said to Mr that I felt drunk, if I had known then that I would only now be feeling a bit closer to normal all this time later I would have been seriously depressed. I’m tired which is probably because my brain is trying to compensate and it takes a bit of concentration to take part in every day activities. 
I’m not one for lying down and giving up and with all the reading I’ve done about labyrinthitis  (Dr google knows everything!) I decided that sitting around thinking about it would not help, as it was likely to last months anyway so I’ve been back working and even going to some gym classes. (I do miss out some of the exercise's though). I think this has helped as the spinning has gotten less and less, and I even found some exercises' on you tube to help with the vertigo and even though at the time it felt like torture (it involves putting your head in positions to actually make the world spin) it got rid of the constant feeling of nausea pretty much instantly. For anyone else suffering, look up the Epley Manoeuvre. It has helped me a lot. 
The drugs they gave me in the beginning made me sleep (whilst dreaming of being at sea) all the time which was ok whist I was at my worst and couldn’t move without vomiting  but after advice from an ex GP friend and also some more googling I stopped taking them in order to make my brain do it alone.
I am hopeful that very soon I will be able to sleep with my one pillow instead of 3, I will be able to do the abs workout at the gym without putting my fleece under my head as a pillow, and I may even be able to dry my hair with my head upside down without falling off the edge of the world.
I’ve missed this place too, I really feel like I haven't caught up with my virtual friends lately but hopefully that will be rectified very soon.
SmileX

10 comments:

  1. Sending positive vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I know what you are going though about 2 years ago I had really bad vertigo and it's horrible, I felt like I was in a earthquake all the time!. I had epley done twice and after a couple months I felt better and now it's completely gone and has been for over a year. Like anything it takes time. I hope you feel better soonx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get there, but unfortunately it does take a while. Sounds like you're coming through it now. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no :( I'm so sorry to hear that this has been happening to you lately. Having constant vertigo--I can't even imagine. My father has something called Menyer's Disease (which I'm sure I'm spelling wrong) and it sounds very similar.

    Glad to hear you have found some things that are helping. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had bad vertigo before, but never long term. I can't imagine what it would be like having this long term. I think it is inspiring that you have pushed through and tried to find things to make your life more enjoyable even though these things haven't gone away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really awful... glad you are getting there now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor you it seems ages since you first told us of your illness. I am sorry to hear you are still suffering. Thinking of you and hoping the recovery gets faster! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, I had no idea! I once had vertigo and it was awful! Wishing you to get better soon and sending some loving hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlotte, I've heard of Maynard's or Meynerds... However you spell it. A lot of famous people have it.

    Claire, love how did this happen? Fluke or a virus that started this hell? I'm glad you're starting to slowly but surely feel less I'll.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, this sounds awful! I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete