Thursday, 3 December 2015

December



December, I know that in reality it’s been 11 months but it really seems like just a few weeks. It really doesn't feel like December apart from the Christmas trees I’ve seen whilst being nosy in peoples front windows, and that ‘itchy’ feeling I have that maybe I should go to my shed at the bottom of the garden and find my own sparkly baubles.
 The weather is deceptive, one minute I think it’s cold enough to start the wood burner up and then the next I’m kicking the velvet winter throw off the bed. 
Usually December brings me together with friends and family. This year I know is going to be no different, having already made the road trip to Grannie’s house, the rest of the month sees highlighted (don’t tell me I’m the only blogger with a colour coded highlight system)  meetings in my filo fax of old and new friends, book group and ukulele group meetings, work outings and general get togethers. 
Why we wait till December to cram it all in is one of the great mystery’s of life. There are 12 months in a year and yet we get to December and realise we haven’t seen each other for forever and so cram it all in and then get a shock that the diary is so full and we haven’t got all the shopping done.
I’m planning on having all my Christmas shopping done next week as a trip out with Mum dad and Sis is planned, I’m also planning on not getting sucked into ‘just one more little present because it was on sale’ I may even make a list. And may even stick to it.
Hope your December is going swimmingly
SmileX

4 comments:

  1. No family here this year. I'm pretty much just hoping December goes by fast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's crazy how everyone feels the need to meet up in December. I can hardly breathe with so many appointments in my calendar. Happy December nonetheless! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually not sure how much family we'll see this Christmas .We usually go to a cousin's house, but she's not hosting, and no one else has volunteered .

    ReplyDelete
  4. "one more little present just because it's on sale" is a huge draw for me, especially with buying presents for the husband, haha!

    ReplyDelete