Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Death at the Lily Cafe Book Review


Back to the book reviews which I have missed even if you haven't, so here you go.
I received an ARC of this to my Kindle from the publisher and Netgalley in return for an honest review, so here goes.
I'm not going to lie, on searching on Netgalley for titles to request, I totally judged this book by it's cover. Because you all know I love a nice little tea room, or a book about a tea room, and if there's a picture of a tea room on the cover? Well you got me.
I didn't realise at the time that this is the second title in the Rosalie Hart series, but not having read the first one did not affect my enjoyment.
Rosalie is living her dream. And mine. Opening up a cosy café to serve the towns residents organic fare.
Then comes the mystery, when Doris Bird, Rosalie's friend, asks for help to help clear her little sister Lori of the first degree murder charge of her own husband.
I enjoyed this story, Rosalie and her friend her friend Glenn are likable as are most of the characters with the exception of  the sheriff.
Series based around the residents of small towns always appeal to me, getting to know the people, the friendships and what makes people tick, I always feel like I'm right there with them, having never read one with a mystery thrown in I did really enjoy snuggling under a blanket on a chilly summers evening reading this.
 Would I read a third novel? Yes I think I would.
:)X



2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, how are you Missy? It's very nice to see you back here!
    I haven't read a book that's not interior design or gardening related for yonks! It's all non fiction round here! I used to love nothing more than sinking my teeth into a good novel - I need to get back into reading. A bloggy friend just sent me Lisa St Aubin de Teran's A Valley in Italy - hopefully it will get me back in the reading groove. I'll keep you posted x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds right up our ally doesnt it, I will add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete